Aside from looking unsightly, left untreated, both active and dormant cracks can lead to continued deterioration. Common consequences of leaving cracks untreated include:
- Spalling. Where cracks allow water to contact the embedded reinforcement steel, causing it to corrode and expand, fracturing the concrete from within.
- Leaks. Leading to loss of water, soil erosion, and contamination.
- Weakening and movement of the structure.
- Continued cracking and break up of concrete.
- Cracking and premature deterioration of coatings.
Fortunately, SlabJacker has a solution for all types of cracks in concrete and will meet with you on site, free of charge, to inspect your problem and discuss repair options.